Tuesday, February 14, 2012
160g plain flour
80g rice flour
75g caster sugar
160g butter (chill and cut into small pieces)
1. Sift flour and rice flour into a mixing bowl.
2. Mix in sugar and salt.
3. Rub butter into flour mixture to form dough.
4. Press dough into a greased 8" loose base pie dish.
5. Smooth surface and rest in fridge for 10mins.
6. Preheat oven at 170C.
7. Prick dough with fork and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
8. Bake in a preheated oven for 35-40mins until lightly brown.
9. Remove shortbread from dish, cut into slices while it is still warm and soft.
10.Cool shortbread on wire rack.