Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Abuk-abuk Sago (Tradition recipe)
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #12: Traditional Kueh (October 2011) hosted by Small Small Baker.
120g grated white coconut
1tbsp pandan juice
50g gula melaka (chopped)
1sheet banana leaf
1. Cut out 11-12pcs of 20cm by 15cm banana leaves.
2. Scald banana leaves in boiling water till it soften, dry it and put aside.
3. Soak sago for 15mins and drain well.
4. Mix sago, grated coconut, salt and pandan juice together.
5. Stir until well combined.
6. Mix chopped gula melaka and sugar together.
7. Fashion the rectangular banana leaf into cone-shape.
8. Fill 1tbsp of sago mixture, with the back of the spoon press the sago lightly.
9. Fill 1tsp of gula melaka mixture, cover it with another tablespoon of sago mixture and press lightly.
10.Fold in the opening to overlap the leaf and fastened it with a toothpick.
11.Steam in a preheated steamer at high heat for 15-20mins.
12.Leave to cool and serve.