Sunday, July 24, 2011
Mango Swiss Roll
I am submitting this entry to Aspiring Bakers #9 - Swiss Rolling Good Times (July 2011) hosted by Obsessedly Involved with Food.
3 egg (separated)
52g self raising flour
35g veg. oil
Orange food colouring
100g whipping cream (whipped)
1 mango (diced)
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Lined and greased a 9" by 12" tray and set aside.
3. Sift flour and salt together, set aside.
4. Use a cake mixer, whisk the egg whites till frothy.
5. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
6. Switch speed to medium and gradually add in egg yolks, whisk for another minute until well combined.
7. Fold flour into the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well blended.
8. Lastly fold oil into the batter until well combined.
9. Scoop 2tbsp of batter into a bowl and mix with orange colouring.
10.Spoon orange batter into piping bag and set aside.
11.Pour the plain batter into the prepared tray and smooth the surface.
12.Pipe any design of your choice onto the plain batter.
13.Bake in a preheated oven for 10mins.
14.Remove cake from tray, carefully peel off greaseproof paper.
15.Transfer sponge onto wire rack and cool with the skin facing up.
Assemble the cake:
1. Carefully transfer the cake onto a greaseproof paper with the skin facing down.
2. Spread whipped cream on the cake and scatter diced mango around.
3. Gently roll the cake by using the paper to lift the cake and guide roll.
4. Rest the roll in the fridge to stabilize it shape.
5. Remove, slice and serve.