Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Sun Dried Tomato Carrot Buns
I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #8 - Bread Seduction (June 2011) hosted by Sweetylicious.
35g warm water
5g instant yeast
1/2tsp caster sugar
250g bread flour
30g caster sugar
110g carrot juice
25g carrot (finely chopped)
40g sun dried tomato (chopped)
adequate black sesame seed
1. Mix warm water, yeast and 1/2tsp caster sugar together, cover and set aside to prove for 10-15mins.
2. Combine bread flour, sugar and salt in a mixer and mix well at low speed.
3. Add yeast dough from step no.1, carrot juice and honey into the dry ingredients.
4. Knead at medium speed until it form a dough.
5. Add in shortening, continue to beat until it form a smooth and elastic dough.
6. Lastly, add in chopped carrot and tomato, mix till well blended.
7. Cover dough and let it prove for 50mins.
8. Knock down proved dough, hand knead on a lightly floured surface for a while.
9. Divide dough into 9 equal portions about 55g each and rest for another 10mins.
10.Shape each dough into round ball and arrange it on a greased tray.
11.Cover and leave it to prove for 45mins until it doubled in size.
12.Preheat oven to 190C.
13.Spray surface of the dough with water and sprinkle some black sesame seed on it .
14.Bake in a preheated oven for 10-12mins until buns is brown.
15.Remove bread from tray and cool it on a wire rack.
Note: If you find that the chopped carrot and sun dried tomato is wet, use a kitchen paper to pat it dry then add it into the dough and mix till well blended.