Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Berry Tea Chiffon Cake
3 egg yolk
15g caster sugar
40g veg. oil
3 'Liton' Cranberry Raspberry & Strawberry Tea Bag (about 5g)
60g hot water
75g cake flour
3 egg white
65g caster sugar
1/4tsp cream of tartar
40g dried cranberry (mix with some flour and sift away excess flour)
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Sift flour and set aside.
3. Cut the tea bags, pour tea leaf into a cup.
4. Pour hot water into it and leave it aside to cool.
5. With a hand whisk, whisk egg yolk, salt and sugar together.
6. Add oil, tea together with the tea leaf residue and flour into the egg yolk batter.
7. Whisk until well combined.
8. Use a cake mixer, whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
9. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
10.Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
11.Then fold in the rest of the meringue in two portions lightly until well combined.
12. Lastly fold in the cranberry.
13.Pour batter into a 20cm tube pan, smooth the surface.
14.Place pan into a preheated oven and bake for 35-40mins.
15.Remove from oven, invert cake onto table top and leave it cool.
16.Remove cake from pan and serve.