Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Longan and Walnut Cakes
Ingredients (yield 6cakes)
125g unsalted butter (room temperature)
70g brown sugar
125g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
100g dried longan/Longan Aril/Arillus Longan (cut into half)
40g walnut (chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Sift flour and baking powder together, set aside.
3. Cream butter, brown sugar and salt together until light and fluffy.
4. Slowly beat in egg.
5. Fold in flour and milk until well combined.
6. Lastly fold in logan.
7. Spoon batter into greased muffins tray till 80% full and sprinkle some chopped walnut on the surface.
8. Bake for 25mins, if skewer comes out clean when inserted into cake then it done.
9. Remove cakes from tray and cool it on a wire rack.