Monday, April 11, 2011
Chicken Floss Cake
150g caster sugar
180g cake flour
1tsp double action baking powder
10g custard powder
1tsp concentrated chicken stock/ chicken granules stock powder
60g veg. oil
20g chicken floss
extra chicken floss
toasted sesame seed
1. Sift flour and double action baking powder together, mix in the chicken floss and set aside.
2. Mix milk, custard powder, chicken stock and oil together, set aside.
3. Whisk the eggs, salt and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Lightly fold in flour mixture into the egg batter.
5. Lastly fold in the oil mixture until well blended.
6. Pour into a lined 7inches round bamboo basket or round cake pan.
7. Sprinkle surface with extra chicken floss and sesame seed.
8. Place it into a preheated steamer and steam for 35mins.
9. Remove cake and cool it on a wire rack.