Sunday, January 2, 2011
Chocolate Rice Swiss Roll
55g fine sugar
2tsp cocoa powder
1/2tsp chocolate paste
65g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
35g veg. oil
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Warm up the oil, remove from stove and stir in cocoa powder, chocolate paste and milk and leave it aside to cool.
3. Sift the cake flour and baking powder together and set it aside.
4. Use a cake mixer to whisk the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Gently fold in the flour until well blended.
6. Pour some batter into the cocoa mixture and mix well.
7. Pour the cocoa batter into the the plain batter and fold until well combined.
8. Spread batter in a lined and greased 10" x 13" tray.
9. Bake in a preheated oven for 10mins.
10.Remove cake from tray immediately and cool on a rack with the skin facing up.
Assemble the cake:
1. Carefully transfer the cake onto a greaseproof paper.
2. Spread the butter cream on the cake.
3. Gently roll the cake by using the paper to lift the cake and guide roll.
4. Wrap up the swiss roll in a greaseproof paper.
5. Rest the roll in the fridge to stabilize it shape.
6. Pour chocolate rice on a tray.
7. Spread some butter cream on the surface of the roll and roll it in the chocolate rice.
8. Slice and serve.