Thursday, January 13, 2011
Recipe from Fresh with Anna Olson- Retro 50's Meal(season 2).
It look like scone but it taste like butter bun. The texture is as soft as bread, it is very easy to prepare too. Must try! :)
Following is half portion of the recipe which I had tried out.
Ingredients (yield about 8biscuits)
2g instant dry yeast (about 3/4tsp)
1tbsp warm water (body temperature)
190g plain flour
1/4tsp baking soda
1/4tsp baking powder
60g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1. Stir yeast, a pinch of the sugar and water together and set aside while preparing other ingredients.
2. Sift flour, remaining sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
3. Cut the butter into the flour until it’s a rough crumbly texture.
4. Stir the yeast mixture into the buttermilk and add it all to the flour.
5. Mix until a sticky dough comes together, wrap and chill overnight.
6. The next day, preheat oven to 220C.
7. On a generously floured surface (dough will be sticky), roll out dough to 1cm thick and fold dough over in half, pressing down gently.
8. Using a 5 cm round cutter (I used a 4cm round cutter.), cut out biscuits and place on a greased tray.
9. Bake 10-12mins, until just lightly browned.
10.Remove from tray and cool it on a wire rack.
11.Serve biscuits warm or freeze and re-warm to serve later.