Monday, January 4, 2010
Mini Molasses Sponge Cake
25g caster sugar
70g cake flour
15g veg. oil
1. Preheat oven to 190C.
2. Lined small cupcake tray with paper casing and set aside.
3. Use a cake mixer to whisk the eggs, salt, sugar and molasses until light and fluffy. (Do the ribbon test: Use the whisk to spoon some batter, drip some into the mixing bowl. If it stay visible for a while then this is the right stage.)
4. Shift the cake flour into the cake batter in 3 portions and fold in. (I used hand whisk to fold in.)
5. Mix milk and oil together and fold in lightly into the batter until well combined.
6. Spoon batter into cupcake tray until 90% full.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 8-10mins.
8. Remove cakes from tin and cool on a wire rack.
9. Dust with icing powder and serve.
Note: You can replace molasses with honey, maple syrup or golden syrup.