Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Greeen Tea Swiss Roll
60g caster sugar
65g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
1tsp green tea powder
1tbsp hot milk
35g veg. oil
few drops of green food colouring
150g whipping cream (whipped)
100g cooked red bean (boil with water and sugar until soften)
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Dissolve green tea powder with hot milk, add in few drops of green food colouring and leave it aside.
3. Use a cake mixer to whisk the eggs, salt and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Shift the cake flour and baking powder into the cake batter in 3 portions and fold in.
5. Mix milk mixture and oil together and fold in lightly into the batter until well combined.
7. Spread batter in a lined and greased 10" x 13" tray.
8. Bake in a preheated oven for 10mins.
9. Remove cake from tray immediately and cool on a rack.
Assemble the cake:
1. Carefully transfer the cake onto a greaseproof paper with the skin facing up.
2. Spread whipped cream on the cake and sprinkle with cooked red bean.
3. Gently roll the cake by using the paper to lift the cake and guide roll.
4. Rest the roll in the fridge to stabilize it shape.
5. Remove, slice and serve.