Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Steamed Sponge Cake
85g caster sugar
85g self-raising flour
10g custard powder
25g veg. oil
1. Sift flour and custard powder together and set aside.
2. Whisk the eggs, salt and sugar together until light and fluffy.(Do the ribbon test: Use the whisk to spoon some batter, drip some into the mixing bowl. If it stay visible for a while then this is the right stage.)
3. Lightly fold in the flour into the egg batter.
4. Lastly fold in the oil.
5. Pour into a lined and greased 7inches cake pan.
6. Cover with foil and steam at high heat for 25mins.
7. Remove cake and cool on a wire rack.