Monday, November 9, 2009
Lemon Sponge Cake
135g cake flour
1/2tsp baking powder
1tsp milk powder
35g milk/ water
1/2tsp lemon essence
1/2tsp grated lemon zest
40g veg. oil
melon seeds/ almond flake
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Sift flour, salt and baking powder together into a cake mixer bowl.
3. Add in milk powder, egg, sugar and milk.
4. Whisk at low speed until well blended.
5. Add in ovalette, lemon essence and lemon zest and whisk until thick and glossy.
6. Lastly fold in the oil .
7. Pipe batter into a greased mould until 80% full.
8. Sprinkle some melon seeds on the surface.
9. Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20mins.
10.Remove and cool on a wire rack.