Sunday, August 3, 2008
Orange Egg Tart
25g fine sugar
1/2 egg (about 30g)
pinch of salt
180g plain flour
10g milk powder
1/4tsp vanilla essence
2 1/2 eggs
120g orange juice
1/2tsp grated orange zest
1/4tsp orange essence
a drop of orange colouring
1. Preheat oven at 175C.
2. Cream butter, margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Slowly beat in the egg and vanilla essence until well combined.
4. Shift the flour, milk powder and salt together.
5. Fold in the flour mixture into Step 3 and mix to form a soft dough.
6. At this stage you may add in some milk if dough is too dry or some flour if dough is too wet.
7. Wrap the dough up and let it rest in the fridge for 30mins.
8. Press about 25g of dough (depend on the size of the mould) into the tart mould and trim the edge.
9. Let it rest in the fridge for 30mins.
1. Boil the milk and sugar together until sugar dissolved and set aside to cool.
2. Add the eggs, orange juice, essence and colouring into the milk.
3. Stir well and strain.
4. Add in the grated orange zest and set aside.
Assemble the tart:
1. Remove tarts from fridge, pour the filling into the moulds until 80% full.
2. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30mins till cooked.
3. Remove tarts from mould and cool them on a wire rack.