Sunday, March 26, 2017
Gula Melaka Sago Kueh
50g grated coconut
100g gula melaka (chopped)
50g coconut milk
150g grated coconut
1. Mix grated coconut and salt together and steam for 10mins.
2. Leave to cool.
3. Soak sago for 20mins and drain well.
4. Pour coconut milk and chopped gula melaka into a small pot.
5. Cook over low heat till gula melaka dissolved and remove from heat.
6. Mix sago, grated coconut and salt together.
7. Pour in syrup and stir until well combined.
8. Pour mixture into a greased 6inches square tin.
9. Steam in preheated steamer at high heat for 20mins.
10.Leave kueh to cool in tin.
11.Remove kueh from tin and cut into serving size.
12.Coat with steamed grated coconut and serve.