Sunday, March 26, 2017
Pumpkin Ondeh Ondeh
100g pumpkin (steamed and mashed)
60g glutinous rice flour
40g tapioca flour
75g gula melaka (chopped)
adequate grated coconut
1/4tsp of salt
1. Mix gula melaka and sugar together and set aside.
2. Mix grated coconut and salt together, steamed for 10mins and set aside.
3. Mix glutinous rice flour, tapioca flour and sugar together.
4. Knead mashed pumpkin and water into flour mixture until it form a soft dough. (Add some water at a time. You may need more or less water as it depend on the moisture of pumpkin.)
5. Grab some dough and roll it into a ball.
6. With your thumb, make a hollow in the dough.
7. Spoon some gula melaka into the hollow and seal opening.
8. Shape it into balls and place it on a tray.
9. Cook the glutinous balls in boiling hot water until it start floating on the water.
10.Stir and cook for another 2mins.
11.Scoop out the glutinous balls and drain away the water.
12.Roll them on the grated coconut and serve.