Sunday, October 2, 2016
Coconut Chiffon Cake
4 egg yolk
20g caster sugar
2tbsp coconut oil
50g coconut paste
85g cake flour (sifted)
4 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
adequate desiccated coconut
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Mix coconut oil, milk and coconut paste together and set it aside.
3. With a hand whisk egg yolk, salt and sugar together.
4. Add in coconut paste mixture and whisk till combined.
5. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
6. With a cake mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
7. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
8. Fold in 1/3 of meringue into egg yolk batter until blended.
9. Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 2 portions until well combined.
10.Pour batter into a 21cm tube pan, tap pan lightly on table top to burst air bubbles.
11.Sprinkle desiccated coconut on surface of batter.
12.Put into a preheated oven and bake for 50-55mins.
13.Remove from oven, invert cake pan and let it cool.
14.Remove cake from pan and serve.