Sunday, July 24, 2016
Caramel Pudding Chiffon Loaf Cake
Ingredients (I used 3 large eggs)
3 egg yolk
50g caramel pudding
75g cake flour
1/2tsp baking powder
1/2tsp vanilla paste
130g egg white
60g raw sugar
1/4tsp cream of tartar
adequate Parmesan cheese powder
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Lined base and side of a loaf pan (20cmx11cmx10cm) and set aside.
3. Sift flour and baking powder together, set aside.
4. Melt butter and caramel pudding over low heat.
5. Remove and set aside till warm.
6. With a hand whisk, whisk egg yolk till pale.
7. Add in pudding mixture, milk and vanilla paste, whisk till smooth.
8. Add flour into egg yolk batter and whisk till smooth, set aside.
9. With a cake mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
10.Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peak form.
11.Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into egg yolk mixture until combined.
12.Then fold in the meringue in 2 portions until well combined.
13.Pour cake batter into prepared pan.
14.Tap pan on table top to burst air bubbles in the batter.
15.Sprinkle Parmesan cheese powder on cake batter. (Sprinkle a line of cheese in middle of batter so when cake rise it will spit nicely in the center.)
16.Bake in a preheated oven for 35-40mins.
17.Remove cake from oven, lift up the greaseproof paper together with cake and cool it on wire rack.
18.Peel off greaseproof paper, slice and serve.