Sunday, January 17, 2016
Golden Coins Mini Buns
This is the first time I'm doing hand knead buns and I'm very happy with the outcome result. This is a small amount recipe so it easier to do it by hand and achieve elastic dough in shorter time. The texture of the buns is very soft. This recipe confirm is a keeper for me. Thumbs up.;p
This post is linked at Cook and Celebrate: Chinese New Year 2016 hosted by Yen from GoodyFoodies, Diana from The Domestic Goddess Wannabe and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids at here.
Recipe source from Daisy's homemade: 金钱小面包 Money Small Bread.
150g bread flour
2tsp milk powder
1/2tsp instant yeast
75g warm milk
1 egg yolk
1. Dissolve yeast in 1tbsp of warm milk and set aside.
2. In a big mixing bowl mix flour, milk powder, sugar and salt together.
3. Add balance milk, egg yolk and dissolved yeast into mixing bowl.
4. With a spatula, mix ingredients together till it form a dough. (Add 1tsp of milk if dough is too dry which can't bind together.)
5. Lastly, add in butter and hand knead butter into dough.
6. Place dough on a lightly floured table top and hand knead till it achieve a smooth and elastic dough. (Refer here for hand knead dough.)
7. Put dough in a greased bowl, cover and let it proof for an hour.
8. Knock down proof dough, hand knead on a lightly floured surface for a while.
9. Divide dough into equal portions about 10g each, cover and rest for another 10mins.
10.Shape each dough into round ball and arrange them in a greased 8inches round pan.
11.Cover and leave it proof for an hour until it doubled in size.
12.Preheat oven to 180C.
13.Bake in a preheated oven for 12mins until buns surface is browned.
14.Remove buns from pan, brush surface with butter and cool it on a wire rack.