Sunday, January 31, 2016
This post is linked at Cook and Celebrate: Chinese New Year 2016 hosted by Yen from GoodyFoodies, Diana from The Domestic Goddess Wannabe and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids at here.
250g salted butter
50g icing sugar
2 egg yolk
1tbsp egg white
360g plain flour
25g milk powder
2tsp custard powder
about 500g pineapple filling
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Sift flour, milk powder and custard powder together and set aside.
3. Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add in egg yolk and white, mix till combined.
5. Fold in flour mixture and mix till it form soft dough.
6. Cover and rest dough in fridge for 15mins.
7. Scale pineapple filling at 5g each and roll into balls.
8. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface about 0.4cm thick.
9. Dust tart cutter with some flour and cut out tart dough.
10.Arrange tart dough on a greased tray.
11.Arrange pineapple ball on tart dough.
12.Place some dough into piping bag fitted with nozzle.
13.Pipe small flower on tabletop, with a palette knife slowly scoop up flower and place it on tart.
14.Bake in a preheated oven for 12-14mins until slightly brown.
15.Remove pineapple tarts and cool on a wire rack.
16.Store in an airtight container.