Monday, September 5, 2011
Golden Egg Lotus Paste Mooncake (金蛋莲蓉小月饼)
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #11: Mid-Autumn Treats (September 2011), hosted by Happy Home Baking.
Ingredients (yield about 20mooncakes)
300g plain flour
1tbsp custard powder
1tsp baking powder
60g icing sugar
600g lotus paste
adequate sesame seed
1. Use a food processor, blend all the ingredients except egg till it resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Add in beaten egg blend till it form soft dough.
3. Wrap the dough up and let it rest in the fridge for 30mins.
4. Divide lotus paste into 30g each and shape into oval.
5. Divide dough into 30g each and shape into balls.
6. Preheat oven to 180C.
7. Press dough lightly and flatten it.
8. Place lotus paste filling on flatten dough and wrap it up.
9. Shape dough into oval shape.
10.Arrange it on a greased tray.
11.Glaze surface of mooncake with egg wash and sprinkle some sesame seed on it.
12.Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25mins.