Saturday, September 10, 2011
Berry Tea Snow Skin Mooncake with Lotus Paste
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #11: Mid-Autumn Treats (September 2011), hosted by Happy Home Baking.
100g kao fen (cooked glutinous rice flour)
90g icing sugar
1bag 'Liton' Cranberry Raspberry & Strawberry Tea Bag (ground)
360g lotus paste
(divide into 12 balls of 30g each)
50g tapioca flour
(steamed for 10mins, cool and sift twice)
1. Boil water, add grounded tea leaf into hot water and set aside to cool.
2. Sift kao fen and icing sugar together.
3. Rub shortening into the flour mixture until it resemble bread crumb.
4. Pour liquid into flour mixture and mix to form soft dough. Do not overmix. (Dough will look rough but soft in texture.)
5. Cover the dough and rest in the fridge for 15mins.
6. Divide dough into 12 portions of 25g each.
7. Flatten it and wrap in the filling, seal the edges and roll into a ball.
8. Pad the ball with some flour and press it into mooncake mould.
9. Plunge it out slowly.
10.Brush away excess flour around the mooncake.
11.Chill in the fridge and serve.