Tuesday, March 22, 2011
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #5 : Fruity March (March 2011), hosted by Bakericious.
80g bread flour
55g boiling water
320g bread flour
15g milk powder
6g instant yeast
100g dried mixed fruits
1. Add boiling water into the bread flour, mix until it form a dough.
2. Cover and set aside to cool.
3. Keep it in the fridge to rest for at least 12 hours.
1. Leave the gelatinized dough at room temperature to thaw for 10-15mins.
2. Mix (A) in a cake mixer with a dough hook attracted until well-blended.
3. Add (B) into the dry ingredients, beat at medium speed until it form a rough dough.
4. Add in the gelatinized dough and continue to beat until well-blended.
5. Lastly, add in (C) continue to beat until it form a smooth and elastic dough.
6. Add in (D) and mix until well-blended.
7. Cover dough and let it prove for 50mins.
8. Knock down proved dough, hand knead on a lightly floured surface for a while.
9. Cover and prove for another 10mins.
10.Divide dough into 90g each.
11.On a lightly floured surface, mould it into round ball.
12.Arrange it into 3 greased 8" x 17" loaf pan, cover and leave to prove for 50mins until it doubled in size.
13.Preheat oven to 180C.
14.Brush surface with egg wash.
15.Bake in a preheated oven for 15mins until brown.
16.Remove bread from pan and cool it on a wire rack.