Monday, March 7, 2011
Apple Chiffon Cake
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #5 : Fruity March (March 2011), hosted by Bakericious.
3 egg yolk
20g caster sugar
40g veg. oil
1 green apple (remove core and skin)
30g apple juice
95g cake flour
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
3 egg white
60g caster sugar
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Sift flour and ground cinnamon together, set aside.
3. Blend apple and apple juice together till puree . (I use ginger grater to grate the apple into the apple juice.)
4. With a hand whisk, whisk egg yolk, salt and sugar together.
5. Add in the oil, apple puree and flour together.
6. Whisk until well combined.
7. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
8. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
9. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
10.Then fold in the rest of the meringue in two portions lightly until well combined.
11.Pour batter into a 20cm tube pan, smooth the surface.
12.Place pan into a preheated oven and bake for 35-40mins.
13.Remove from oven, invert cake onto table top and leave it cool.
14.Remove cake from pan and serve.