Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Moist Chocolate Cake
210g self-raising flour
1tsp baking soda
45g cocoa powder
5g instant coffee powder
180g caster sugar
70g demerara sugar
2 egg (lightly beaten)
1tsp vanilla paste
60g unsalted butter (melted and cool)
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Well greased a fluted ring with oil and set aside.
3. Sift flour, cocoa powder, coffee powder, baking soda and salt into the mixer bowl.
4. Add in sugar and mix well.
5. Mix buttermilk, milk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla paste together and pour into flour mixture.
6. Beat the mixture at low speed until well mix, about 2-3mins.
7. Increase speed to high and beat for another 5mins until free of lumps and increased in volume.
8. Pour batter into greased fluted ring.
9. Bake in a preheated oven for 35mins or until skewer comes out clean when inserted in centre of cake.
10.Leave cake in tin for 10mins before turning onto wire rack to cool.