Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Pandan Kuih Bangkit
Recipe from 'Famous Cuisine' magazine cum cookbook.
3 egg yolk
125g caster sugar
150ml thick coconut milk
400g fried tapioca flour
pandan essence (add according to your own prefer)
few drops of green food colouring
Fried tapioca flour:
1. Heat up a wok.
2. Fry 1 packet (500g) of tapioca flour with few pieces of clean pandan leaves over low heat unitl fluffy (at least half an hour).
3. Dish out, dicard the pandan leaves and set aside to cool.
4. Keep it in an airtight container. (Prepare the flour two to three days ahead.)
1. Whisk egg yolk and sugar in a cake mixer until light and fluffy (pale yellow).
2. Add in the coconut milk slowly and whisk until well combined.
3. Add in the essence and colouring and mix well.
4. Sift the fried tapioca flour in a big mixing bowl.
5. Make a well in the centre and add in the coconut milk mixture slowly and mix until resemble crumbs.
6. Cover with a wet kitchen towel or plastic wrap.
7. Dust the mould with some fried tapioca flour.
8. Fill the mould with dough and press firmly.
9. Knock out the cookies and arrange it on a lined baking tray.
10.Baked in a preheated oven 170C for 15-18mins.
11.Cool it on a wire rack and store in an airtight containers.