Thursday, December 17, 2009
Vanilla Sponge Cake
This is my last minutes bakes for my sister and her sweet princess visit. I baked a simple sponge cake and sandwich it with strawberry jam. So glad that she love it. :) You can find the orginial recipe from 'Kitchen Corner' blog here or from Ytower.
125g caster sugar
100g cake flour
22g veg. oil
1/4tsp vanilla paste
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Lined base of a 7inches round tin with greaseproof paper and set aside.
3. Use a cake mixer to whisk the eggs, salt and sugar until thick and fluffy.
4. Sift the cake flour into the cake batter in 3 portions and fold in. (I used hand whisk to fold in.)
5. Mix milk, vanilla paste and oil together and fold in lightly into the batter until well combined. (You can mix some batter into the oil mixture then fold into the remaining batter but you have to make sure that the oil batter is fold in properly into the egg batter.)
6. Pour batter into the cake tin.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30mins.
8. Remove cake from tin and cool on a wire rack.
9. Slice cake into 2 pieces and sandwich it with strawberry jam.