Sunday, December 6, 2009

Honey Cake



It so nice of 'Kitchen Corner' to post a Ytower video clip on her blog. From the video clip I learned some interesting baking techniques and recipes.
You may visit Ytower You Tube video clip to view this Honey Cake demonstration. I baked half portion from the original recipe and also made some adjustment to it.

Recipe

Ingredients
5 egg (294g)
85g caster sugar
1tsp salt
24g glucose
50g honey
175g cake flour
70g veg. oil
60g milk

Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Lined base and side of an 8inches square tin with greaseproof paper and set aside.
3. Use a cake mixer to whisk the eggs, salt, sugar, honey and glucose until light and fluffy. (Do the ribbon test: Use the whisk to spoon some batter, drip some into the mixing bowl. If it stay visible for a while then this is the right stage.)
4. Shift the cake flour into the cake batter in 3 portions and fold in. (I used hand whisk to fold in.)
5. Mix milk and oil together and fold in lightly into the batter until well combined. (You also can mix some batter into the oil mixture then fold into the remaining batter, you have to make sure that the oil batter is fold in properly into the egg batter.)
6. Pour batter into the square tin.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 35-40mins.
8. Remove cakes from tin and cool on a wire rack.

17 comments:

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Thanks for sharing, will try this out soon.

tracieMoo said...

Is it the japanese kind of sponge cake? It looks light and fluffy. Very nicely done :)

javapot said...

Looks yummy, similar to a castela cake!

Btw have a 'Happy Mama Blogger' award for u here. Also take this opportunity to wish u and your family Happy New Year.

Unknown said...

hi...nice. Tried your mini honey cakes last week & my sister loved it, nice...

How is the texture of this cake? Possible to replace the glucose? If not, where to get this glucose?

Thanks

Happy Flour said...

Hi Sonia, TracieMoo and Javapot,

Thanks for your nice words. :)

Happy Flour said...

Hi Dana,

You can get glucose from bakery mart (Phoon Huat) or replace it with honey.

Yummy Bakes said...

This cake looks so soft and nice... What glucose do you use?

Happy Flour said...

Hi Yummy Koh,

Thanks for your nice words. :)
I bought the glucose from Phoon Huat.

Honey Boy said...

HI Happy Flour, Thanks for sharing this honey cake recipe. I hve been looking for a baked honey cakes recipe for quite a while... I just realiz I hve a similar recipe from one of my Japanese recipe books. But have yet to try out. Hope can share with you if it's good result though. I am a new blogger. I often visit our logal blogs for interesting and yummy recipes. :)you have a pair of great hands for baking!


Cosybake.

Happy Flour said...

Hi Honey Boy,

Thanks for your compliment. :)

honey boy said...

Hi Happy Flour,

May I add you in my blog, as one of my frequent visit links?

Honey boy

Happy Flour said...

Hi Honey Boy,

Sure, thanks for linking my blog in your sweet blog. :)

chuany said...

Hai Happy Flour, i tried this today, i love this cake, moist, not dry at all. tx alot for sharing :D

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs435.ash1/24028_1395738410316_1137880303_1686492_7267493_n.jpg

Happy Flour said...

Hi Chuany,

Glad to know that you love this cake. My family also love it. Happy baking . :)

Ayu said...

hi happy flour,
been following your blog for quite sometimes now, I baked this honey cake the other day with slight adjustments & baked it in papercups..if you dont mind I would like to post the recipe in my blog link to your blog. Thank you for sharing this nice recipe!..

Happy Flour said...

Hi Ayu,

Sure you can link it to my blog. Glad that you try out the recipe. Happy baking! :)

Corporate to Kitchen said...

Yummy looking cake. I have been craving to have this & bake at home. I am going to try this. So eggs are the raising agent in this recipe right?