Sunday, December 6, 2009
It so nice of 'Kitchen Corner' to post a Ytower video clip on her blog. From the video clip I learned some interesting baking techniques and recipes.
You may visit Ytower You Tube video clip to view this Honey Cake demonstration. I baked half portion from the original recipe and also made some adjustment to it.
5 egg (294g)
85g caster sugar
175g cake flour
70g veg. oil
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Lined base and side of an 8inches square tin with greaseproof paper and set aside.
3. Use a cake mixer to whisk the eggs, salt, sugar, honey and glucose until light and fluffy. (Do the ribbon test: Use the whisk to spoon some batter, drip some into the mixing bowl. If it stay visible for a while then this is the right stage.)
4. Shift the cake flour into the cake batter in 3 portions and fold in. (I used hand whisk to fold in.)
5. Mix milk and oil together and fold in lightly into the batter until well combined. (You also can mix some batter into the oil mixture then fold into the remaining batter, you have to make sure that the oil batter is fold in properly into the egg batter.)
6. Pour batter into the square tin.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 35-40mins.
8. Remove cakes from tin and cool on a wire rack.