Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Mini Tea Cake
88g egg white
70g caster sugar
85g cake flour
1/8tsp baking soda
1/4tsp baking powder
30g ground almond
1tsp tea powder (any tea powder of your choice)
80g veg. oil
1. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground almond and tea powder together and set aside.
2. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites till frothy.
3. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till soft peaks form.
4. Fold in the sifted ingredients and milk lightly into the meringue.
5. Lastly fold in the oil.
6. Pour batter into a piping bag.
7. Pipe batter into greased mould.
8. Bake in a preheated oven 175C for 10-12mins.
Note: If you don't have tea powder, you can omit it and add 1/2tsp of vanilla essence instead.