Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Mini Tea Cake


Recipe

Ingredients
88g egg white
70g caster sugar
85g cake flour
1/8tsp baking soda
1/4tsp baking powder
1/4tsp salt
30g ground almond
1tsp tea powder (any tea powder of your choice)
20g milk
80g veg. oil

Steps:
1. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground almond and tea powder together and set aside.
2. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites till frothy.
3. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till soft peaks form.
4. Fold in the sifted ingredients and milk lightly into the meringue.
5. Lastly fold in the oil.
6. Pour batter into a piping bag.
7. Pipe batter into greased mould.
8. Bake in a preheated oven 175C for 10-12mins.

Note: If you don't have tea powder, you can omit it and add 1/2tsp of vanilla essence instead.

8 comments:

Kitchen Corner said...

This baking pan is nice! I'm thinking to get one but not sure other than mini tea cake what else it can be used for. Jelly? chocolate cake?

Angel @ Cook.Bake.Love said...

only egg white is used in this cake, this cake is very healthy.

Happy Flour said...

Hi Kitchen Corner,

I came across a bakery book, they used this mould to make mango mousse and with a piece of thick sponge cake for it base. The mini mango mousse cake look very cute. You can also consider that. :)

Happy Flour said...

Hi Cook.Bake.Love,

I'm lazy to bake macarons so try out this recipe. I still prefer cake which contain egg yolk, it richer and taste better.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

I saw this baking pan before, but dont know how to use it, but now I know already, Thanks for sharing.

Happy Flour said...

Hi Sonia,

I bought this baking pan for quite some time already and this is actually the second time I'm using it. I also bought the bigger one too.

Anonymous said...

Hi

I love this pan but not sure what else can I bake with this other than this tea cake...

Am thinking of something for my Pri 1 son's sch recess / snack break. This size will be PERFECT for him... Else will be too messy n cumbersome for him.

Any thoughts or suggestion?

Tx in advance!

J

Happy Flour said...

Hi J,

You can use this pan to bake Financiers, Madeleines or other small cakes.