Friday, September 25, 2009
Oreo Chocolate Lotus Paste Snow Skin Mooncake
100g kao fen (cooked glutinous rice flour)
95g icing sugar
1tsp chocolate paste
240g lotus paste
30g cooking chocolate (melted)
2tsp cocoa powder
6pcs Oreo cookies (crushed)
50g tapioca flour/Hong Kong flour
(steamed for 10mins, cool and sift twice)
1. Sift kao fen and icing sugar together.
2. Rub in shortening into the flour mixture until it resemble bread crumb.
3. Mix the chocolate paste and water together.
4. Add in liquid mixture into the flour mixture and mix to form soft dough. Do not overmix. (Dough will look rough but soft in texture.)
5. Cover the dough and rest in the fridge for 15mins.
1. Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
2. Divide the Oreo chocolate lotus paste into 12 balls of 30g each.
3. Roll them into balls.
1. Divide dough into 12 portions of 25g each.
2. Dust the surface, rolling pin and mould lightly with flour.
3. Roll out the dough, leave the centre slightly thicker than the edge.
4. Wrap the dough with the lotus paste and seal the edges.
5. Press into the mould and plunge it out slowly.
6. Use a brush and brush away excess flour around the mooncake.
7. Chill in the fridge and serve.
Note: Weight of the skin and filling depend on the size of the mould.