Sunday, October 15, 2017
Lemon Sponge Cupcakes
Ingredients (yield 7 cupcakes)
50g caster sugar
65g cake flour
2tbsp lemon juice
1tbsp veg. oil
zest of a lemon
40g dried cranberries (chopped and dust with some flour)
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Lined cupcake tray with paper casing and set aside.
3. Mix lemon juice, zest and oil together and set aside.
4. Sift flour and salt together twice and set aside.
5. Use a cake mixer whisk eggs and sugar until thick and fluffy.
6. Pour flour into cake batter in 3 portions and fold in till well combined. (I used hand whisk for folding in.)
7. Pour in liquid mixture into cake batter and mix till well combined.
8. Lastly add in dried cranberries and mix well.
9. Spoon batter into cupcake tray until 80% full.
10.Lightly tap tray on table top to burst air bubbles in the batter.
11.Bake in preheated oven for 15-18mins.
12.Remove cakes from tin and cool them on a wire rack.