Begin a New Year with an all times favorite cake, Pandan Chiffon Cake. :)
4 egg yolk
2tbsp coconut oil
20g pandan juice
65g coconut milk
1/2tsp pandan paste
100g cake flour
4 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 165C.
2. Sift flour and set aside.
3. Use a hand whisk mix egg yolk, sugar and salt together.
4. Add in oil, pandan juice, pandan paste and coconut milk, whisk till combined.
5. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
6. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
7. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
8. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
9. Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in two portions lightly until well combined.
10.Pour batter into a 21cm tube pan, smooth surface and tap pan on tabletop to burst the air bubbles.
11.Place pan into a preheated oven and bake for 50-55mins.
12.Remove from oven, invert cake onto table top and leave it cool.
13.Remove cake from pan and enjoy.