Tuesday, June 14, 2016
Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Cream Filling
90g caster sugar
80g cooking chocolate
170g cake flour
25g cocoa powder
1/2tsp baking powder
10g cooking chocolate (melted)
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Grease baking mould and set aside.
3. Sift flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder together, set aside.
4. Pour milk and chocolate into a small saucepan, simmer over low heat till chocolate is melted.
5. Remove from heat and set aside.
6. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
7. Slowly beat in the egg until well combined.(If batter curdle add in some flour.)
8. Fold in flour alternating with chocolate milk until well combined.
9. Half filled each cavity of mould with chocolate batter.
10.Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20mins.
11.Remove cakes and cool on a wire rack.
12.Mix buttercream and melted chocolate together.
13.Prepare a piping bag fix with a pastry filling nozzle.
14.Spoon chocolate buttercream into piping bag.
15.Pipe chocolate buttercream into cakes.