Friday, April 18, 2014
Oreo Malted Cake
115g unsalted butter (room temperature)
75g caster sugar
115g cake flour
1tsp baking powder
10g malted milk powder (Horlicks/Ovaltine)
50g Oreo cookies (remove cream and crushed)
extra Oreo cookies
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Line base of an oval pan and set aside.
3. Sift flour, malted milk powder and baking powder together, set aside.
4. Cream butter, salt and sugar together till light and fluffy.
5. Gradually add in beaten egg into creamed mixture.
6. Fold in flour and milk till smooth.
7. Fold in crushed oreo cookies.
8. Pour batter into prepared pan and arrange oreo cookies on the surface.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35mins.
10.Leave cake cool in pan for 5-10mins then remove cake and let it cool on a wire rack.