Friday, September 6, 2013
Coconut Gula Melaka Madaleines
30g caster sugar
60g unsalted butter
40g Gula Melaka (chopped)
95g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
3tbsp desiccated coconut
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Grease and lightly floured Madeleine mould, set it aside.
3. Sift cake flour, salt and baking powder together.
4. Simmer butter, milk and chopped gula melaka together till butter and gula melaka melted.
5. Strain and set it aside.
6. With a cake mixer, whisk eggs and sugar together till thick and fluffy.
7. Fold in flour in 3 portions till well blended.
8. Pour some batter into syrup mixture and mix well.
9. Pour syrup batter into egg batter and mix well.
10.Lastly mix in desiccated coconut till well blended.
11.Fill each madeleine well with batter till 3/4 full.
12.Lightly tap madeleine tray on counter top to burst air bubbles.
13.Bake for 15-20mins till golden brown.
14.Immediately use a toothpick remove Madeleine from mould and cool it on wire rack.