Monday, February 21, 2011
Apple Crumble Pie
100g butter (cut into cubes and chill)
45g icing sugar
1/2 egg (about 30g)
200g plain flour
20g ground almond/ground hazelnut
5 green apple (remove core and skin, diced)
50g light brown sugar/caster sugar
1/2tsp ground cinnamon
1tbsp lemon juice
1tsp corn flour (mix with some water)
1. Sift flour in a bowl.
2. Mix sugar and ground almond into flour.
3. Use your fingers to rub butter into the flour mixture until it resemble bread crumb.
4. Cover and chill in the fridge.
1. Sift flour, icing sugar and salt into a big bowl.
2. Use your fingers to rub butter into the flour mixture until it resemble bread crumb.
3. Add in lightly beaten egg into step no.2.
4. Mix till it form a soft dough. ( I used food processor to mix the dough from step no. 2 to 4.)
5. Wrap the dough up and let it rest in the fridge for 30mins.
6. Press some dough into tart moulds.
7. Use a fork and press around the edges.
8. With a knife, trim away excess dough at the edges.
9. Arrange it in a container, cover and let it rest in the fridge for another 30mins.
(You can prepare the pastry a day ahead.)
1. Put all the ingredients into a pot except corn starch solution.
2. Cook over medium-low fire until apple tender.
3. Add in corn starch solution and stir until sauce thicken.
4. Remove from fire and set aside to cool.
1. Preheat oven to 190C.
2. Remove tarts from fridge and thaw for 10mins.
3. Spoon filling into tarts and sprinkle crumble topping onto it.
4. Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25mins or until surface is browned.
5. Remove tarts from oven and cool them on a wire rack.