Friday, November 30, 2012
Mini Chocolate Rice Roll
3 egg (separated)
1/2tsp chocolate paste
45g cake flour
2tsp cocoa powder
1/4tsp baking powder
40g butter (melted)
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Lined and greased a 9" by 12" tray and set aside.
3. Sift cake flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together, set aside.
4. Use a cake mixer, whisk the egg whites till frothy.
5. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
6. Switch speed to medium and gradually add in egg yolks and chocolate paste,
whisk for another minute until well combined.
7. Fold flour into the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well blended.
8. Lastly fold in melted butter into batter until well combined.
9. Pour batter in the prepared tray and smooth the surface.
10.Bake in a preheated oven for 10mins.
11.Remove cake from tray and cool on a rack with the skin facing up.
Assemble the cake:
1. Cut sponge into two pieces.
2. Carefully transfer one piece onto a greaseproof paper.
3. Spread butter cream on the cake.
4. Gently roll the cake by using the paper to lift the cake and guide roll.
5. Wrap up the swiss roll in a greaseproof paper.
6. Repeat steps no.2-5 for the other sponge.
7. Rest both rolls in the fridge to stabilize it shape.
8. Pour chocolate rice on a tray.
9. Spread some butter cream on the surface of the rolls and roll it in the chocolate rice.
10.Slice and serve.
Posted by Happy Flour at 4:30 PM
Labels: swiss roll
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
They look bakery perfect!
My grandsons would love these!
Well done！This swiss roll look very nice~
They look so cute 。。。
thanks for sharing 。。。
definately a keeper for me ！！
Hi Angie, Busygran, Joceline and 董夫人，
Thanks for all your nice words. ^-^
Hello, new follower here and I’d like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/clever-chicks-blog-hop-15-vetericyn.html
I hope you can make it!
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick
Post a Comment