Friday, October 7, 2016
Hazelnut Butter Cookies
250g salted butter (cold)
90g icing sugar
100g plain flour
100g bread flour
55g corn flour
2tbsp rice flour
60g ground hazelnut
1. Preheat oven at 160C.
2. Sift plain flour, bread flour, corn flour, rice flour and salt together.
3. Stir in ground hazelnut and set aside.
4. Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy. (Semi-hard butter work well but not room temperature butter as it cause sticky dough.)
5. Fold in flour mixture into Step 4 and mix to form soft dough. (Add some flour if your dough is sticky but do not add too much as the cookies will lost the melt-in-mouth texture.)
6. Put some dough into piping bag fix with Wilton 6B nozzle.
7. Pipe dough onto a baking tray, leave gap in between dough.
8. Bake in a preheated oven for 14-15mins.
9. Cool on wire rack and store in an airtight containers.
Posted by Happy Flour at 8:25 PM No comments:
Sunday, October 2, 2016
Coconut Chiffon Cake
4 egg yolk
20g caster sugar
2tbsp coconut oil
50g coconut paste
85g cake flour (sifted)
4 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
adequate desiccated coconut
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Mix coconut oil, milk and coconut paste together and set it aside.
3. With a hand whisk egg yolk, salt and sugar together.
4. Add in coconut paste mixture and whisk till combined.
5. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
6. With a cake mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
7. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
8. Fold in 1/3 of meringue into egg yolk batter until blended.
9. Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 2 portions until well combined.
10.Pour batter into a 21cm tube pan, tap pan lightly on table top to burst air bubbles.
11.Sprinkle desiccated coconut on surface of batter.
12.Put into a preheated oven and bake for 50-55mins.
13.Remove from oven, invert cake pan and let it cool.
14.Remove cake from pan and serve.
Posted by Happy Flour at 8:25 PM 1 comment:
Labels: chiffon cake
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)