Saturday, April 30, 2016
Vanilla Paper Sponge Cake
3 egg yolk
25g veg. oil
65g self-raising flour
3 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. Lined muffin cups with cut out grease proof paper 14cmx14cm and set aside.
3. Sift flour and salt together, set aside.
4. With a hand whisk, whisk egg yolk and oil together till blended.
5. Add in milk, whisk till blended.
6. Lastly, add in flour and stir till batter is smooth.
7. Use a cake mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
8. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
9. Fold in 1/3 of the meringue into egg yolk batter until blended.
10.Lastly, fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in two portions till blended.
11.Pour batter into piping bag.
12.Pipe batter into prepared cups till 70% full.
13.Tap each cup on tabletop to burst air bubbles in the cake batter.
14.Bake in preheated oven for 25-30mins.
15.Switch off oven power, allow cakes to sit in oven for 5-10mins with oven door slightly opened.
16.Remove cakes from muffin cups and cool on a wire rack.
Posted by Happy Flour at 2:00 PM No comments:
Labels: chiffon cupcakes
Saturday, April 16, 2016
Mini Hazelnut Chocolate Friands
80g egg white
70g icing sugar
60g unsalted butter (melted)
70g hazelnut whole (roasted)
50g cake flour
10g cocoa powder
1/2tsp instant coffee powder
1. Preheat over to 170C.
2. Grease small muffin tray and set aside.
3. Sift icing sugar into a big mixing bowl and set aside.
4. Pour hazelnut, flour, cocoa powder and instant coffee powder into a blender and blend till well mix. (nut don't have to blend till very fine.)
5. Pour hazelnut mixture into icing sugar and mix well.
6. Pour in melted butter and mix well.
7. In a clean bowl, whisk egg white till foamy.
8. Pour whisked egg white into hazelnut batter and mix till well blended.
9. Spoon batter into greased muffin tray till 70% full.
10.Bake in preheated oven for 10-12mins or when skewer is poke into cake and come out clean.
11.Remove cake from mould and cool it on wire rack.
Posted by Happy Flour at 9:44 PM 1 comment:
Labels: finger cakes
Saturday, April 2, 2016
Japanese Cotton Cake
Recipe source from 大厨纲 - 日本棉花蛋糕.
35g unsalted butter
50g cake flour (sift)
45g condensed milk
3 egg yolk
3 egg white
35g caster sugar
adequate strawberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Lined base and sides of a 8 inches square pan with grease proof paper and set aside.
3. Pour egg white in a bowl, cover and store in fridge.
4. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat till bubbles appear on surface.
5. Remove from heat quickly add in flour.
6. Use a spatula and stir till flour is cook through and a soft dough is form.
7. Add in condensed milk and mix till well blended.
8. Beat egg yolk, egg and salt together.
9. Add in egg mixture a little at a time into batter, beat till smooth with a spatula.
10.In a clean bowl whisk egg whites till frothy.
11.Gradually add in sugar and whisk till soft peaks form.
12.Fold in 1/3 of the meringue into egg batter till combined.
13.Pour cake batter into meringue and fold till just incorporated.
14.Pour cake batter into prepared pan, smooth surface and tap pan on tabletop to burst air bubbles.
15.Place cake pan on 2nd shelf of a preheated oven and bake for 15mins.
16.Shift cake pan to lower shelf and bake for another 5mins.
17.Switch off oven power and leave cake pan in oven for another 2mins.
18.Remove cake pan from oven, remove cake and leave it to cool on wire rack.
19.Cut cake into two pieces, spread jam and sandwich them together.
20.Trim off edge, slices into serving size and serve.
Posted by Happy Flour at 2:14 PM No comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)