Wednesday, June 21, 2017
180g bread flour
25g raw sugar
1tsp instant yeast
50g orange juice
1 egg yolk (about 20g)
zest of an orange
1. In a big mixing bowl mix flour, yeast, sugar and salt together.
2. Make a well in the center and pour in orange juice, egg yolk and milk.
3. With a spatula, mix ingredients together till it form a dough.
4. Lastly, add in butter and hand knead butter into dough.
5. Place dough on a lightly floured table top and hand knead till it achieve a smooth and elastic dough.
6. Add orange zest and cranberry into dough and knead till well mixed.
7. Put dough in a greased bowl, cover and let it proof for an hour.
8. Knock down proofed dough, hand knead on tabletop for a while.
9. Divide dough into 8 equal portions about 50g each, roll into balls .
10.Cover and rest for another 10mins.
11.Roll dough into ball again place it on a greased tray.
12.Slightly flatten dough, with a plastic knife press 5 deep slits on surface of dough.
13.Cover and leave it proof for 45mins until it doubled in size.
14.Preheat oven to 170C.
15.Spray water on surface of proofed dough.
16.Bake in preheated oven for 12-15mins until buns surface is browned.
17.Remove buns from oven, brush surface with butter and cool it on a wire rack.
Monday, June 19, 2017
2 egg yolk
15g veg. oil
40g chocolate milk
40g cake flour
1tsp cocoa powder
1/4tsp baking powder
2 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. Lined muffin cups with cut out grease proof paper 14cmx14cm and set aside.
3. Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt together, set aside.
4. With a hand whisk, whisk egg yolk and oil together till blended.
5. Add in milk, whisk till combined.
6. Lastly, add in flour and stir till batter is smooth.
7. Use a cake mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
8. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
9. Fold in 1/3 of the meringue into egg yolk batter till combined.
10.Lastly, fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in two portions till combined.
11.Pour batter into piping bag.
12.Pipe batter into prepared cups till 70% full.
13.Tap each cup on tabletop to burst air bubbles in the cake batter.
14.Bake in preheated oven for 25-30mins.
15.Switch off oven power, allow cakes to sit in oven for 5-10mins with oven door slightly opened.
16.Remove cakes from muffin cups and cool on a wire rack.
Sunday, June 11, 2017
Saturday, June 3, 2017
110g raw sugar
1/4tsp vanilla paste
250g self-raising flour
1/2tsp baking soda
100g butterscotch chips
1. Preheat oven at 165C.
2. Cream butter, salt and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Slowly beat in egg and vanilla paste until well combined.
4. Sift flour and baking soda together.
5. Fold flour mixture into Step 3 and mix to form a soft dough.
6. Add in butterscotch chips and mix till combined.
7. With two small spoons, scoop small amount of dough and arrange them on a greased tray.
8. Bake in a preheated oven for 15mins until slightly firm.
9. Cool on wire rack and store in an airtight containers.