Monday, March 23, 2009
Pandan Almond Tartlette
For this I added a layer of Pandan topping. It is the same topping which I used for the Pandan Mexican Buns. :)
Posted by Happy Flour at 2:10 PM 15 comments:
Posted by Happy Flour at 2:09 PM 6 comments:
Cheddar Cheese Egg Tart
Posted by Happy Flour at 2:07 PM 4 comments:
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Pandan Kaya Mexican Buns
For the topping, I used Coffee Mexican Buns topping. I just omitted the coffee powder and paste. And replaced it with pandan paste. As for the filling, it the same pandan kaya filling used for the Pandan Kaya Swiss Roll. This is really good. :)
Posted by Happy Flour at 1:16 PM 15 comments:
Posted by Happy Flour at 1:15 PM 4 comments:
Raisins Bun again. Hehehe my younger son requested. He ate one when it was freshly baked and have one more for his supper. He kept praising the bun and thanks me for baking this for him. :)
Posted by Happy Flour at 1:13 PM 2 comments:
Ham & Mushroom Buns
Posted by Happy Flour at 1:12 PM 1 comment:
Saturday, March 14, 2009
300g steamed sweet potato (mashed)
100g glutinous rice flour
80g tapioca flour
100g gula melaka (chopped)
1 grated coconut
pinch of salt
1. Mix gula melaka and sugar together and set aside.
2. Mix grated coconut and salt together, steamed for 10mins and set aside.
3. Mix glutinous rice flour, tapioca flour and sugar together.
4. Knead the sweet potato and water into the flour mixture until it form a soft dough. (Add some water at a time. You may need more or less water as it depend on the moisture of sweet potato.)
5. Grab some dough and roll it into a ball.
6. With your thumb, make a hollow in the dough.
7. Spoon some gula melaka into the hollow and seal opening.
8. Shape it into balls and place it on a tray.
9. Cook the glutinous balls in boiling hot water until it start floating on the water.
10.Stir and cook for another 2mins.
11.Scoop out the glutinous balls and drain away the water.
12.Roll them on the grated coconut and serve.
Posted by Happy Flour at 3:00 PM 12 comments:
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Raspberry Chiffon Cake
3 egg yolk
40g corn oil
70g raspberry filling } mix
50g hot water } together
90g cake flour
1/8tsp baking powder
3 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Sift flour and baking powder together, set aside.
3. Use a hand whisk mix egg yolk and sugar together.
4. Add in oil and raspberry mixture, whisk till combined.
5. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
6. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
7. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
8. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
9. Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well combined.
10.Pour batter into a 21cm tube pan.
11.Put into a preheated oven and bake for 40mins.
12.Remove from oven, invert cake onto table until completely cool.
13.Remove from pan and serve.
Posted by Happy Flour at 1:20 PM 12 comments:
Labels: chiffon cake
Monday, March 9, 2009
250g mango puree sweetened
200g whipping cream
few drops of yellow colouring
25g gelatine powder
50g hot water
1 mango (diced)
1. Boil water and sugar together until dissolved.
2. Leave to cool.
3. Dissolve gelatin powder in hot water.
4. Add the mango puree, gelatin mixture and colouring into the cool syrup and stir until combined.
5. Lastly stir in the whipping cream and stir until combined. (Syrup must be cool before adding in the whipping cream. If not, a layer of oil will form on top of the mango pudding.)
6. Pour pudding in moulds and add in the diced mango.
7. Chill in the fridge and serve.
Posted by Happy Flour at 12:55 PM 9 comments:
Thursday, March 5, 2009
(Basic Sweet Buns Dough)
200g bread flour
100g plain flour
6g instant yeast
100g raisins } soak for 5mins
1tsp water } then squeeze out liquid
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixer, except butter and rasins.
2. Beat at medium speed until it form a dough and add in the butter.
3. Continue to beat until it form a smooth and elastic dough.
4. Cover the dough and let it prove for 45-60mins.
5. Flatten the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead in the raisins.
6. Divide dough into about 55g each portion and rest for another 10mins.
7. Shape into round ball and arrange it on a greased tray.
8. Cover and leave to prove for 45mins until it doubled in size.
9. Preheat oven to 190C.
10.Brush surface with milk and bake in a preheated oven for 10mins until buns is brown.
11.Remove buns from tin, brush surface with butter and cool on a wire rack.
Note: You can use this basic sweet buns dough to make any types of buns of your choice. If you prefer a softer buns, just add 1/2tsp of bread improver or softener.
Posted by Happy Flour at 1:44 PM 21 comments:
Posted by Happy Flour at 1:42 PM 1 comment:
Ham & Mushroom Buns
Posted by Happy Flour at 1:41 PM 2 comments:
Monday, March 2, 2009
Chocolate Chips Coffee Buns
250g bread flour
15g milk powder
1/3tsp bread improver (optional)
110g chocolate milk
3-4tsp Nescafe coffee powder
30g chocolate chips
1. Warm up chocolate milk and stir in the coffee powder until it dissolved.
2. Leave it aside to cool.
3. Combine all ingredients in a mixer, except butter and chocolate chips.
4. Beat at medium speed until it form a dough and add in the butter.
5. Continue to beat until it form a smooth and elastic dough.
6. Cover the dough and let it prove for 45-60mins.
7. Flatten the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead in the chocolate chips.
8. Divide dough into 8 pieces about 65g each portion.
9. Roll into round shape, cover and rest for another 10mins.
10.Use a rolling pin and roll out the dough into rectangular shape.
11.Roll up into a swiss roll and place it in a greased 8inches square tin.
12.Cover and leave to prove for 45mins until it doubled in size.
13.Preheat oven to 190C.
14.Brush surface with milk and bake in a preheated oven for 10mins until buns is brown.
15.Remove buns from tin, brush surface with butter and cool on a wire rack.
Posted by Happy Flour at 7:22 PM 9 comments:
Posted by Happy Flour at 7:21 PM 7 comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)