Thursday, December 24, 2009
Wishing Everyone Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year
Posted by Happy Flour at 10:21 PM 10 comments:
Hazelnut Chocolate Log Cake
Posted by Happy Flour at 9:59 PM 6 comments:
Labels: icing cake
Monday, December 21, 2009
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Vanilla Sponge Cake
This is my last minutes bakes for my sister and her sweet princess visit. I baked a simple sponge cake and sandwich it with strawberry jam. So glad that she love it. :) You can find the orginial recipe from 'Kitchen Corner' blog here or from Ytower.
125g caster sugar
100g cake flour
22g veg. oil
1/4tsp vanilla paste
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Lined base of a 7inches round tin with greaseproof paper and set aside.
3. Use a cake mixer to whisk the eggs, salt and sugar until thick and fluffy.
4. Sift the cake flour into the cake batter in 3 portions and fold in. (I used hand whisk to fold in.)
5. Mix milk, vanilla paste and oil together and fold in lightly into the batter until well combined. (You can mix some batter into the oil mixture then fold into the remaining batter but you have to make sure that the oil batter is fold in properly into the egg batter.)
6. Pour batter into the cake tin.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30mins.
8. Remove cake from tin and cool on a wire rack.
9. Slice cake into 2 pieces and sandwich it with strawberry jam.
Posted by Happy Flour at 10:42 AM 22 comments:
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
X'mas Double Chocolate Cupcakes
Posted by Happy Flour at 9:47 AM 12 comments:
Chocolate Swiss Roll with Hazelnut Chocolate Cream
Posted by Happy Flour at 9:46 AM 2 comments:
Labels: swiss roll
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Pokemon Character Birthday Cake
This year my elder son requested to have his favorite Pokemon character 'Lucario' on his birthday cake. :)
Posted by Happy Flour at 6:34 PM 19 comments:
Labels: icing cake
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Happy Mama Blogger Award
Warmest thanks to 'Javapot' for sharing this award with me. :)
Posted by Happy Flour at 11:47 AM 4 comments:
Sunday, December 6, 2009
It so nice of 'Kitchen Corner' to post a Ytower video clip on her blog. From the video clip I learned some interesting baking techniques and recipes.
You may visit Ytower You Tube video clip to view this Honey Cake demonstration. I baked half portion from the original recipe and also made some adjustment to it.
5 egg (294g)
85g caster sugar
175g cake flour
70g veg. oil
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Lined base and side of an 8inches square tin with greaseproof paper and set aside.
3. Use a cake mixer to whisk the eggs, salt, sugar, honey and glucose until light and fluffy. (Do the ribbon test: Use the whisk to spoon some batter, drip some into the mixing bowl. If it stay visible for a while then this is the right stage.)
4. Shift the cake flour into the cake batter in 3 portions and fold in. (I used hand whisk to fold in.)
5. Mix milk and oil together and fold in lightly into the batter until well combined. (You also can mix some batter into the oil mixture then fold into the remaining batter, you have to make sure that the oil batter is fold in properly into the egg batter.)
6. Pour batter into the square tin.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 35-40mins.
8. Remove cakes from tin and cool on a wire rack.
Posted by Happy Flour at 8:23 PM 17 comments:
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Mini Tea Cake
88g egg white
70g caster sugar
85g cake flour
1/8tsp baking soda
1/4tsp baking powder
30g ground almond
1tsp tea powder (any tea powder of your choice)
80g veg. oil
1. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground almond and tea powder together and set aside.
2. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites till frothy.
3. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till soft peaks form.
4. Fold in the sifted ingredients and milk lightly into the meringue.
5. Lastly fold in the oil.
6. Pour batter into a piping bag.
7. Pipe batter into greased mould.
8. Bake in a preheated oven 175C for 10-12mins.
Note: If you don't have tea powder, you can omit it and add 1/2tsp of vanilla essence instead.
Posted by Happy Flour at 10:21 PM 8 comments:
Labels: finger cakes
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)