Recipe from here.
Saturday, June 6, 2020
Saturday, May 16, 2020
60g caster sugar
80g plain flour
1tbsp rice flour
1tbsp veg. oil
1. Fry plain flour with 2 blades of clean pandan leaf over low heat for 15mins or till pandan leaf is dried.
2. Dish out, dicard leaves and set aside to cool.
3. Sift flour to get ride of lump. (May prepare ahead of time and store flour in an airtight container.)
4. Preheat oven to 200C.
5. Preheat mould in oven too.
6. Sift flour and rice flour together, set aside.
7. Whisk egg in a cake mixer, slowly add in sugar and whisk till thick and fluffy.
8. With a big hand whisk, fold in flour in 2 portions till well blended.
9. Change to a spatula and fold oil into batter till well blended.
10.Remove preheat mould from oven and well grease mould.
11.Spoon batter into each cavity of mould.
12.Lightly tap mould on table top to brust air bubbles in batter.
13.Bake for 10mins or until golden brown.
14.Remove cakes and cool it on wire rack.
15.Grease mould again and repeat step no.11 to 14.
Sunday, May 10, 2020
Monday, May 4, 2020
Ingredients: (yield 7 cupcakes)
35g veg. oil
1/2tsp vanilla paste
45g caster sugar
70g cake flour
30g corn flour
1 1/2tsp cake emulsifier/ovalette/SP
1tbsp crispy pork floss
1 small sheet of seaweed (cut into small pieces)
adequate sesame seed
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Mix mlik, veg. oil and vanilla paste together and set aside.
3. With a cake mixer whisk egg, sugar and salt together till sugar dissolved.
4. Add in ovalette and mix at low speed for a while.
5. Sieve cake flour and corn flour into egg batter.
6. Mix at low speed and slowly increase to high speed and whisk till batter is thick, creamy white and double in volume.
7. Pour in the milk mixture and whisk at low speed till well mixed.
8. Pour batter into piping bag.
9. Pipe batter into paper cups till 70% full.
10.Tap each cup on tabletop to burst air bubbles in cake batter.
11.Mix floss,seaweed and sesame seed together and sprinkle it on cake batter.
12.Bake in preheated oven for 20mins.
13.Remove cupcakes from oven and cool on wire rack.
Wednesday, April 29, 2020
3 egg yolk
20g veg. oil
80g strawberry (removed leaf, washed and blended)
1tsp strawberry paste
70g cake flour (sifted)
3 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. With a hand whisk, whisk egg yolk, sugar, salt and oil together.
3. Add strawberry puree and paste into egg yolk batter and mix well.
4. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
5. With a cake mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
6. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
7. Fold in 1/4 of meringue into egg yolk batter until blended.
8. Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 2 portions until well combined.
9. Pour batter into a 19cm tube pan, tap pan lightly on table top to burst air bubbles.
10.Put pan into preheated oven and bake for 35-40mins.
11.Remove from oven, invert cake pan and let it cool.
12.Remove cake from pan and serve.
Sunday, April 26, 2020
Sunday, April 19, 2020
30g caster sugar
60g butter (melted)
60g cake flour
15g ground almond
1/2tsp baking powder
20g orange juice
grated orange rind
adequate almond nibbled
1. Sift cake flour, ground almond, salt and baking powder together, set aside.
2. Mix grated orange rind and orange juice together, set aside.
3. With a cake mixer, whisk eggs and sugar till light and fluffy.
4. Fold flour in 2 portions into egg batter and mix till well blended.
5. Add orange juice mixture into batter and mix till well blended.
6. Scoop some batter and mix into melted butter till well blended.
7. Pour butter batter into cake batter and mix till well blended.
8. Cover cake batter and rest in fridge for an hour.
9. Preheat oven to 180C.
10.Remove cake batter from fridge.
11.Pour cake batter into piping bag.
12.Fill Madeleine cup with cake batter till 80% full.
13.Sprinkle almond nibbled on surface.
14.Bake in preheated oven for 15-20mins till golden brown.
15.Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
Wednesday, April 15, 2020
Recipe (yield 4 muffins)
40g unsalted butter
75g dark chocolate
50g dark brown sugar
1/4tsp vanilla paste
50g plain flour
1/2tbsp cocoa powder
30g dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven at 170C.
2. Mix flour, cocoa powder and salt together, set aside.
3. Beat egg and vanilla paste together, set aside.
4. Melt butter, dark brown sugar and chocolate in a big bowl over a simmering water, stir gently.
5. Remove from heat, stir in egg mixture till well mixed.
6. Fold in flour mixture till well mixed
7. Lastly, mix in chocolate chips.
8. Fill 4 paper cup with cake batter.
9. Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20mins.
10.Remove cupcake brownies from oven and cool it on wire rack.