This is my last post for the year. I am sending out my early greeting to all my dearest readers. Wishing everyone out there A Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year! ^-^
4 egg (separated)
70g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
1/4tsp vanilla paste
55g butter (melted)
80g blueberry jam/blueberry pie filling
1 1/2tbsp gelatine
200g whipping cream (whipped)
100g blueberry yoghurt
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Lined and greased a 10" by 13" tray and set aside.
3. Sift cake flour, salt and baking powder together, set aside.
4. Use a cake mixer, whisk the egg whites till frothy.
5. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
6. Switch speed to medium and gradually add in egg yolks and vanilla paste,
whisk for another minute until well combined.
7. Fold flour into the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well blended.
8. Lastly fold in melted butter into batter until well combined.
9. Pour batter in the prepared tray and smooth the surface.
10.Bake in a preheated oven for 10mins.
11.Remove cake from oven.
12.Place a piece of greaseproof paper on cake, press it against the crust so that the crust can be peel off easily.
13.Flip cake onto cooling rack with the cake base facing up.
14.Peel off paper and set aside to cool.
1. Boil (A) together until sugar dissolved.
2. Double boiler (B) together until gelatine dissolved.
3. Mix (A) and (B) together and set aside to cool.
4. Fold yoghurt into whipped cream.
5. Use a hand whisk and stir blueberry mixture into step no.4 till well blended.
1. Flip cake onto a greaseproof paper and peel off paper.
2. Cut out two 7" square sponge cakes and place one at the bottom of a 7" spring form square tin. (You will only get one 7" square sponge. For the other one, you have to join two sponges together.)
3. Slowly pour half of the mousse over sponge.
4. Place another sponge over the mousse and pour in the rest of the mousse.
5. Smooth the surface and chill till set.
Saturday, December 22, 2012
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Blueberry Jam Chiffon Cake
Few month back, I bought a bottle of organic blueberry jam. Unfortunately, my boys don't like it at all as the whole bottle is full of small pearl of blueberries. They preferred the smooth jelly likes jam. It a waste to throw it away so I had to use it for baking. Luckily, they do accept the taste of the blueberry jam when I used it for baking.
3 egg yolk
1tbsp caster sugar
35g veg. oil
80g blueberry jam } mix
30g hot water } together
75g cake flour (sifted)
3 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. With a hand whisk mix egg yolk, salt and sugar together.
3. Add in oil and blueberry mixture, whisk till combined.
4. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
5. Use a cake mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
6. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
7. Fold in 1/4 of meringue into egg yolk batter until blended.
8. Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well combined.
9. Pour batter into a 20cm tube pan.
10.Put into a preheated oven and bake for 35-40mins.
11.Remove from oven, invert cake pan and let it cool.
12.Remove cake from pan and serve.
Posted by Happy Flour at 7:16 PM 8 comments:
Labels: chiffon cake
Thursday, December 13, 2012
Letter 'e' and 'G' Cookies
Hahaha...it suppose to be Pinwheels cookies and it turn out so ugly. My son named is Letter 'e' and 'G' cookies so I just adopted to it. ^-^
Recipe source from Bake with Anna Olson - Tender Tart Dough.
Following recipe I had made some adjustment.
155g unsalted butter
100g icing sugar (sifted)
1 hard-boiled large egg yolk
1 large egg yolk
1/2tsp vanilla paste
100g cake flour }sifted
130g plain flour }together
2stp cocoa powder
1. Beat butter and icing sugar together till smooth.
2. Push the hard-boiled egg yolk through a sieve into creamed butter.
3. Add in egg yolk and vanilla and mix till blended.
4. Fold in sifted flour and salt till blended.
5. Remove 290g dough.
6. Lightly flour working surface top and shape dough into disc. (dough will be very soft)
7. For the balance dough in the cake mixer, add in cocoa powder and mix till blended.
8. Wrap each doughs up in plastic and chill in fridge till firm, about 2 hours.
9.Remove doughs from fridge and roll out each dough on floured surface into square sheet about 1/4 inch thick.
10.Place the chocolate dough over plain dough, trim edges and carefully roll up.
11.Wrap cookies log and chill till firm, about an hour.
12.Preheat oven to 175C.
13.Remove cookies log, slice cookies about 1/4 inch thick and place it on baking tray.
14.Bake for 15mins till lightly browned on the bottom.
15.Remove cookies from tray, cool them on wire rack and store in an airtight container.
Posted by Happy Flour at 7:30 PM 4 comments:
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Rich Chocolate Brownies
Recipe from here.
Posted by Happy Flour at 8:00 PM No comments:
Sunday, December 9, 2012
Prune Sponge Cake
2 egg yolk
15g caster sugar
65g egg white
40g caster sugar
30g cake flour
25g corn flour
1/4tsp vanilla paste
1tsp rum (optional)
adequate prunes (cut into small pieces)
1. Grease and dust moulds with flour, shake off excess flour and set aside.
2. Sift flour and corn flour together, set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 165C.
4. In a bowl, whisk egg yolk and 15g of sugar till smooth and pale.
5. Add in vanilla paste and rum, continue to whisk for a minute.
6. In a clean mixing bowl, whisk egg white till frothy, gradually add in sugar and whisk till soft peak form.
7. Fold in half of the flour into egg yolk batter, follow by half of the meringue.
8. Fold in the balance flour and follow by the rest of the meringue till well blended.
9. Fill batter into a piping bag.
10.Place prunes at the bottom of moulds and fill it with batter till 80% full.
11.Bake in a preheated oven for 20mins.
12.Remove from oven and cool it on a wire rack.
13.With a thin sharp knife slowly remove cake from mould.
14.Dust cakes with icing sugar and serve.
Posted by Happy Flour at 8:30 PM No comments:
Thursday, December 6, 2012
Blueberry Jam Muffins
Ingredients (yield 6 muffins)
65g caster sugar
1/4tsp vanilla paste
85g unsalted butter
120g cake flour
30g ground almond
1tsp baking powder
adequate blueberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Sift flour, ground almond and baking powder together and set aside.
3. Melt butter over low heat and remove from heat.
4. With a hand whisk, stir in sugar, salt, milk and egg into melted butter till smooth.
5. Stir in flour mixture till just combined.
6. Scoop 1tbsp of batter into a lined muffins tin.
7. Drop 1/2tsp of blueberry jam into batter and cover with batter.
8. Drop some jam on surface of batter and bake in a preheated oven for 25mins.
9. Cool muffins on a wire rack.
Posted by Happy Flour at 9:30 PM 3 comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)