Wednesday, April 29, 2020
Strawberry Chiffon Cake
3 egg yolk
20g veg. oil
80g strawberry (removed leaf, washed and blended)
1tsp strawberry paste
70g cake flour (sifted)
3 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. With a hand whisk, whisk egg yolk, sugar, salt and oil together.
3. Add strawberry puree and paste into egg yolk batter and mix well.
4. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
5. With a cake mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
6. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
7. Fold in 1/4 of meringue into egg yolk batter until blended.
8. Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 2 portions until well combined.
9. Pour batter into a 19cm tube pan, tap pan lightly on table top to burst air bubbles.
10.Put pan into preheated oven and bake for 35-40mins.
11.Remove from oven, invert cake pan and let it cool.
12.Remove cake from pan and serve.
Posted by Happy Flour at 1:33 PM No comments:
Labels: chiffon cake
Monday, April 27, 2020
Sunday, April 26, 2020
Prawn Chee Cheong Fun
Recipe from here.
Posted by Happy Flour at 2:32 PM No comments:
Labels: dim sum (点心)
Sunday, April 19, 2020
30g caster sugar
60g butter (melted)
60g cake flour
15g ground almond
1/2tsp baking powder
20g orange juice
grated orange rind
adequate almond nibbled
1. Sift cake flour, ground almond, salt and baking powder together, set aside.
2. Mix grated orange rind and orange juice together, set aside.
3. With a cake mixer, whisk eggs and sugar till light and fluffy.
4. Fold flour in 2 portions into egg batter and mix till well blended.
5. Add orange juice mixture into batter and mix till well blended.
6. Scoop some batter and mix into melted butter till well blended.
7. Pour butter batter into cake batter and mix till well blended.
8. Cover cake batter and rest in fridge for an hour.
9. Preheat oven to 180C.
10.Remove cake batter from fridge.
11.Pour cake batter into piping bag.
12.Fill Madeleine cup with cake batter till 80% full.
13.Sprinkle almond nibbled on surface.
14.Bake in preheated oven for 15-20mins till golden brown.
15.Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
Posted by Happy Flour at 3:34 PM No comments:
Labels: finger cakes
Wednesday, April 15, 2020
Chocolate Brownie Muffin
Recipe (yield 4 muffins)
40g unsalted butter
75g dark chocolate
50g dark brown sugar
1/4tsp vanilla paste
50g plain flour
1/2tbsp cocoa powder
30g dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven at 170C.
2. Mix flour, cocoa powder and salt together, set aside.
3. Beat egg and vanilla paste together, set aside.
4. Melt butter, dark brown sugar and chocolate in a big bowl over a simmering water, stir gently.
5. Remove from heat, stir in egg mixture till well mixed.
6. Fold in flour mixture till well mixed
7. Lastly, mix in chocolate chips.
8. Fill 4 paper cup with cake batter.
9. Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20mins.
10.Remove cupcake brownies from oven and cool it on wire rack.
Posted by Happy Flour at 7:37 PM No comments:
Monday, April 13, 2020
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)