Last weekend I spare some time trying out my new wooden castella cake mould. I had played around with castella cake ingredients to fix into 'Little Thumbs Up April 2014 Event - Orange'. It turn out very well. :)
Original recipe from Nasi Lemak Lover- Castella cake 长崎蛋糕.
I'm sharing this post with Little Thumbs Up April 2014 Event - Orange organised by Bake For Happy Kids and My Little Favourite DIY hosted by Anncoo Journal.
4 large eggs (about 250g)
50g caster sugar
30g milk (warm)
40g orange juice
10g cake emulsifier/ovalette/SP
55g bread flour
90g plain flour
45g unsalted butter (melted)
zest of 1 orange
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. Double lined wooden mould with excess grease proof paper dangling over it and place it in a baking tray.
3. Sieve bread flour, plain flour and salt together twice.
4. Dissolve honey in warm milk.
5. Add sugar, eggs, ovalette, milk mixture and flour mixture into mixing bowl.
6. Whisk at low speed till well mixed, scrap side and bottom of mixing bowl.
7. Increase speed to high and whisk for another 5mins.
8. Reduce to medium speed and continue to whisk for another 6-8mins or until batter is thick and creamy white.
9. Mix orange juice and orange zest together.
10.Slowly pour into cake batter and whisk till well mixed.
11.Stop mixer, remove mixing bowl and fold in melted warm butter till well mixed.
12.Pour batter into prepared wooden mould.
13.Either tap it on counter top or use a skewer to stir the batter around to burst any air bubbles.
14.Bake in preheated oven for 50-55mins.
15.Remove cake from oven and let it rest on counter top for 10mins.
16.Fold in grease proof paper which is dangling over the pan to cover the cake.
17.Flip it over resting cake up-side-down on a flat hard board.
18.Put it in a big plastic bag and rest in fridge for few hours.
19.With sharp knife trim sides of the cake, slice into serving size and serve.
Monday, April 28, 2014
Friday, April 18, 2014
Oreo Malted Cake
115g unsalted butter (room temperature)
75g caster sugar
115g cake flour
1tsp baking powder
10g malted milk powder (Horlicks/Ovaltine)
50g Oreo cookies (remove cream and crushed)
extra Oreo cookies
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Line base of an oval pan and set aside.
3. Sift flour, malted milk powder and baking powder together, set aside.
4. Cream butter, salt and sugar together till light and fluffy.
5. Gradually add in beaten egg into creamed mixture.
6. Fold in flour and milk till smooth.
7. Fold in crushed oreo cookies.
8. Pour batter into prepared pan and arrange oreo cookies on the surface.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35mins.
10.Leave cake cool in pan for 5-10mins then remove cake and let it cool on a wire rack.
Posted by Happy Flour at 9:10 PM 3 comments:
Labels: butter cake
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)