Monday, April 9, 2012
Orange Flavour Teriyaki Chicken
3 chicken thigh (boneless)
1 white onion (sliced)
Homemade teriyaki sauce:
1/3cup Japanese soy sauce (I used KIKKOMAN brand however I find that it too salty and the colour is too dark.)
1tbsp plain flour
juice of 1 orange
zest of 1 orange
1. Mix all the ingredients for teriyaki sauce together.
2. Simmer over medium low heat till sauce thicken.
3. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
4. Use 1/2 to 3/4 portion of the orange teriyaki sauce to marinade chicken thigh for 2 to 4hours or overnight. (Pour balance sauce in an airtight bottle and store it in fridge.)
5. Heat up a non-stick pan.
6. Place marinaded chicken into pan and scatter onion on the chicken.
7. Pour marinaded chicken sauce over chicken.
8. Cover lid, reduce to medium-low heat and simmer for 8mins.
9. Turn the chicken over, cover lid and continue to simmer till sauce thicken and chicken is cook though.
10.Dish out and serve.
Note: For original teriyaki sauce, omit orange juice, zest and ginger. You can replace it with 1/4cup of water if you find the sauce is too salty.