Saturday, May 16, 2020
60g caster sugar
80g plain flour
1tbsp rice flour
1tbsp veg. oil
1. Fry plain flour with 2 blades of clean pandan leaf over low heat for 15mins or till pandan leaf is dried.
2. Dish out, dicard leaves and set aside to cool.
3. Sift flour to get ride of lump. (May prepare ahead of time and store flour in an airtight container.)
4. Preheat oven to 200C.
5. Preheat mould in oven too.
6. Sift flour and rice flour together, set aside.
7. Whisk egg in a cake mixer, slowly add in sugar and whisk till thick and fluffy.
8. With a big hand whisk, fold in flour in 2 portions till well blended.
9. Change to a spatula and fold oil into batter till well blended.
10.Remove preheat mould from oven and well grease mould.
11.Spoon batter into each cavity of mould.
12.Lightly tap mould on table top to brust air bubbles in batter.
13.Bake for 10mins or until golden brown.
14.Remove cakes and cool it on wire rack.
15.Grease mould again and repeat step no.11 to 14.