Monday, January 1, 2018
Citron Tea Chiffon Cake
3 egg yolk
25g veg. oil
65g honey citron tea jam
1tbsp hot water
70g cake flour (sifted)
3 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. With a hand whisk, whisk egg yolk, salt and oil together.
3. Dissolve honey citron tea jam in hot water.
4. Add honey citron tea into egg yolk batter and mix well.
5. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
6. With a cake mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
7. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
8. Fold in 1/4 of meringue into egg yolk batter until blended.
9. Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 2 portions until well combined.
10.Pour batter into a 19cm tube pan, tap pan lightly on table top to burst air bubbles.
11.Put pan into preheated oven and bake for 35-40mins.
12.Remove from oven, invert cake pan and let it cool.
13.Remove cake from pan and serve.