Wednesday, June 21, 2017
Orange Cranberry Flower Buns
180g bread flour
25g raw sugar
1tsp instant yeast
50g orange juice
1 egg yolk (about 20g)
zest of an orange
1. In a big mixing bowl mix flour, yeast, sugar and salt together.
2. Make a well in the center and pour in orange juice, egg yolk and milk.
3. With a spatula, mix ingredients together till it form a dough.
4. Lastly, add in butter and hand knead butter into dough.
5. Place dough on a lightly floured table top and hand knead till it achieve a smooth and elastic dough.
6. Add orange zest and cranberry into dough and knead till well mixed.
7. Put dough in a greased bowl, cover and let it proof for an hour.
8. Knock down proofed dough, hand knead on tabletop for a while.
9. Divide dough into 8 equal portions about 50g each, roll into balls .
10.Cover and rest for another 10mins.
11.Roll dough into ball again place it on a greased tray.
12.Slightly flatten dough, with a plastic knife press 5 deep slits on surface of dough.
13.Cover and leave it proof for 45mins until it doubled in size.
14.Preheat oven to 170C.
15.Spray water on surface of proofed dough.
16.Bake in preheated oven for 12-15mins until buns surface is browned.
17.Remove buns from oven, brush surface with butter and cool it on a wire rack.